Thursday, September 9, 2010

Onblog quiz

.By doing an exercise of Diana Hacker site, I learned how to clear the sentences by avoiding unnecessary words used on it. For example: comma are not used in front of and. Also by practicing this site period should go final quotation mark for example: My commanding officer said, "I f we wanted to have children, we would have issued with them to you." The study of present and past participles in a sentence helped me to improve my grammar. Also from a part f grammar basic, direct and indirect objects, object complement and subject complement taught me to choose correct objects used in sentence. The sentence sometimes is linked with linking verb, transitive or intransitive verb. But to know whether it is linking, transitive or intransitive we should always know some rules of grammar. Linking verb always followed by subject complement, transitive followed by a direct object and intransitive an adverb, an adverb phrase or nothing at all. Finally by practicing this exercise it really helped me to improve my grammar

No comments:

Post a Comment